Events Administrator: Contract
Request for Proposal: Event Administrator
July 6, 2016
Reports to: Executive Director
Purpose: Breast Cancer Recovery is seeking request for proposal to provide event planning communications, marketing, and fundraising for the organization.
Background: Breast Cancer Recovery (BCR) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide environments for women breast cancer survivors to heal emotionally. The two primary programs for fulfilling the mission are our Infinite Boundary Retreats and Sharing the Knowledge conference. The funding for these programs include sponsorships, individual, and corporate monies from BCR’s annual Party with a View and other third party hosted events.
The Event Administrator is expected to be able to manage contacts from the public including women impacted by breast cancer, members of our Board of Directors, volunteers, service persons and building personnel. This role requires strong organizational skills, an eye for detail, and the ability to take initiative and ownership over multiple projects. The primary duties of the position are to provide communications and marketing, events and program services, plus fundraising initiatives.
Information Requests: At minimum, the proposal should address the following items, as
- Background and experience with similar organizations including specific examples of funds raised at events, type of event(s) managed communications and marketing services provided.
- What value your services can bring to Breast Cancer Recovery’s organization.
- If coordinating other events, please address any conflict of interest related to the other events, and how you plan to address this.
- Fee Structure: Detail the fees associated with providing the Scope of Work and any additional costs associated with fulfilling this RFP.
- References, including contact information
Submission and General Instructions
Individuals and firms responding to this announcement shall submit their proposal by e-mail to Megan Purtell at email@example.com no later than July 29, 2016. Late proposals will not be accepted.
Important Dates Deadline
1) RFP Notice – Open for Submission July 6, 2016
2) Proposal Submission Deadline July 26, 2016
3) Interviews August 1 – 10, 2016
4) Contract with Selected Proposal August 20, 2016
All proposals should be submitted as a Word document or as a PDF