We are currently seeking qualified candidates for our Program Director Position. Please send your resume and a cover letter to: Gail Riedasch at: email@example.com
Position Title: Program Director
Objective: Breast Cancer Recovery’s Program Director is responsible to oversee planning and delivery of Infinite Boundaries retreats and programs that support women following a diagnosis of breast cancer.
- Utilize current research and best practices to ensure the Infinite Boundaries retreat curriculum responds to the changing needs of women with breast cancer.
- Research or develop new resources to supplement the Infinite Boundaries retreat curriculum.
- Use innovation to develop programs that address the needs of the population served.
- Use technology to deliver programs as appropriate.
- Design, collect, and analyze program evaluations from staff, volunteers and program participants using the input to drive programmatic changes.
- Recruit, train and retain Infinite Boundaries volunteers and logisticians.
- Establish an annual Infinite Boundaries schedule with volunteer assignments.
- Oversee contracts with retreat sites and activity instructors.
- Oversee the ordering, inventory and packing/delivery of Infinite Boundaries supplies and equipment.
- Identify and schedule regional assistants as needed (i.e. naturalists, artisans, kayak instructors, chefs).
- Lead pre-retreat planning and post-retreat debriefing sessions with Infinite Boundaries teams.
- Manage the participant recruitment and registration process for each Infinite Boundaries retreat.
- Ensure efforts are made to fill all retreats.
- Attend all Infinite Boundaries retreats.
- Deliver or coordinate delivery of new programs.
Resource Development and Outreach
- Build and sustain relationships with other like-minded health and wellness organizations.
- Keep current on services provided by other organizations serving women with breast cancer.
- Promote Breast Cancer Recovery programs by giving presentations, participating in media interviews, writing for publication.
- Promote the Infinite Boundaries retreat program to breast cancer survivors and health care providers.
- Establish criteria and use it to identify and evaluate new Infinite Boundaries sites.
- The Program Director will report directly to the Executive Director.
- The Program Director will work with Executive Director to create and monitor program budgets.
- The Program Director will attend Breast Cancer Recovery Board of Directors meetings to provide program updates as requested.
- Well qualified candidate will have intimate knowledge of breast cancer issues.
- Some evening and weekend hours are required to attend fundraisers, conferences, expos, etc.
Background and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of related experience.
Program development experience required.
Training and/or curriculum development experience a plus.
Experience managing volunteers a plus.
Experience in group facilitation a plus.
Experience with developing program to be delivered online or using technology a plus.
Computer literacy required (PC Windows environment, Microsoft Office)
Send resume and cover letter to:
Breast Cancer Recovery
2800 Royal Avenue
Madison, WI 53713
or email to: